Dancing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DancingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. a. & vb. n.) from Dance.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Dance
• DanceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cause to dance, or move nimbly or merrily about, or up and down; to dandle.
- (v. i.) To move nimbly or merrily; to express pleasure by motion; to caper; to frisk; to skip about.
- (v. i.) The leaping, tripping, or measured stepping of one who dances; an amusement, in which the movements of the persons are regulated by art, in figures and in accord with music.
- (v. i.) To move with measured steps, or to a musical accompaniment; to go through, either alone or in company with others, with a regulated succession of movements, (commonly) to the sound of music; to trip or leap rhythmically.
- (v. i.) A tune by which dancing is regulated, as the minuet, the waltz, the cotillon, etc.