Deepened Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DeepenedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Deepen
• DeepenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To make darker or more intense; to darken; as, the event deepened the prevailing gloom.
- (v. i.) To become deeper; as, the water deepens at every cast of the lead; the plot deepens.
- (v. t.) To make more grave or low in tone; as, to deepen the tones of an organ.
- (v. t.) To make more poignant or affecting; to increase in degree; as, to deepen grief or sorrow.
- (v. t.) To make deep or deeper; to increase the depth of; to sink lower; as, to deepen a well or a channel.