Delegate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DelegateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One sent by any constituency to act as its representative in a convention; as, a delegate to a convention for nominating officers, or for forming or altering a constitution.
- (n.) Any one sent and empowered to act for another; one deputed to represent; a chosen deputy; a representative; a commissioner; a vicar.
- (n.) One elected by the people of a territory to represent them in Congress, where he has the right of debating, but not of voting.
- (v. t.) To intrust to the care or management of another; to transfer; to assign; to commit.
- (v. t.) To send as ones representative; to empower as an ambassador; to send with power to transact business; to commission; to depute; to authorize.
- (a.) Sent to act for or represent another; deputed; as, a delegate judge.
• DelegatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Delegate