Deltas Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DeltasDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Delta
• DeltaDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A tract of land shaped like the letter delta (/), especially when the land is alluvial and inclosed between two or more mouths of a river; as, the delta of the Ganges, of the Nile, or of the Mississippi.
- (n.) The fourth letter of the Greek alphabet (/ /), answering to D.
- (n.) an object having the shape of the capital /.
- (n.) The closed figure produced by connecting three coils or circuits successively, end for end, esp. in a three-phase system; -- often used attributively, as delta winding, delta connection (which see), etc.