Demit Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DemitDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To yield or submit; to humble; to lower; as, to demit ones self to humble duties.
- (v. t.) To lay down, as an office; to resign.
- (v. t.) To let fall; to depress.
- (n.) The act of demitting; also, a letter, certificate, or the like, certifying that a person has (honorably) demitted, as from a Masonic lodge.
- (v. i.) To lay down or relinquish an office, membership, authority, or the like; to resign, as from a Masonic lodge; -- generally used with an implication that the act is voluntary.
• DemitintDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That part of a painting, engraving, or the like, which is neither in full darkness nor full light.
- (n.) The shade itself; neither the darkest nor the lightest in a composition. Also called half tint.