Design Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DesignDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To form a design or designs; to plan.
- (n.) A preliminary sketch; an outline or pattern of the main features of something to be executed, as of a picture, a building, or a decoration; a delineation; a plan.
- (n.) Specifically, intention or purpose as revealed or inferred from the adaptation of means to an end; as, the argument from design.
- (n.) To create or produce, as a work of art; to form a plan or scheme of; to form in idea; to invent; to project; to lay out in the mind; as, a man designs an essay, a poem, a statue, or a cathedral.
- (n.) A plan or scheme formed in the mind of something to be done; preliminary conception; idea intended to be expressed in a visible form or carried into action; intention; purpose; -- often used in a bad sense for evil intention or purpose; scheme; plot.
- (n.) To draw preliminary outline or main features of; to sketch for a pattern or model; to delineate; to trace out; to draw.
- (n.) To intend or purpose; -- usually with for before the remote object, but sometimes with to.
- (n.) The invention and conduct of the subject; the disposition of every part, and the general order of the whole.
- (n.) To mark out and exhibit; to designate; to indicate; to show; to point out; to appoint.
- (n.) The realization of an inventive or decorative plan; esp., a work of decorative art considered as a new creation; conception or plan shown in completed work; as, this carved panel is a fine design, or of a fine design.
• DesignatoryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Serving to designate; designative; indicating.
• DesignableDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Capable of being designated or distinctly marked out; distinguishable.