Designate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DesignateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To indicate or set apart for a purpose or duty; -- with to or for; to designate an officer for or to the command of a post or station.
- (v. t.) To call by a distinctive title; to name.
- (v. t.) Designated; appointed; chosen.
- (v. t.) To mark out and make known; to point out; to name; to indicate; to show; to distinguish by marks or description; to specify; as, to designate the boundaries of a country; to designate the rioters who are to be arrested.
• DesignatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Designate