Desolating Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DesolatingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Desolate
• DesolateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To make desolate; to leave alone; to deprive of inhabitants; as, the earth was nearly desolated by the flood.
- (a.) Left alone; forsaken; lonely; comfortless.
- (a.) Destitute of; lacking in.
- (a.) Destitute or deprived of inhabitants; deserted; uninhabited; hence, gloomy; as, a desolate isle; a desolate wilderness; a desolate house.
- (a.) Lost to shame; dissolute.
- (v. t.) To lay waste; to ruin; to ravage; as, a fire desolates a city.
- (a.) Laid waste; in a ruinous condition; neglected; destroyed; as, desolate altars.