Disciplining Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DiscipliningDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Discipline
• DisciplineDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To improve by corrective and penal methods; to chastise; to correct.
- (n.) A system of essential rules and duties; as, the Romish or Anglican discipline.
- (n.) Correction; chastisement; punishment inflicted by way of correction and training.
- (n.) The subject matter of instruction; a branch of knowledge.
- (v. t.) To educate; to develop by instruction and exercise; to train.
- (v. t.) To accustom to regular and systematic action; to bring under control so as to act systematically; to train to act together under orders; to teach subordination to; to form a habit of obedience in; to drill.
- (n.) Severe training, corrective of faults; instruction by means of misfortune, suffering, punishment, etc.
- (n.) Self-inflicted and voluntary corporal punishment, as penance, or otherwise; specifically, a penitential scourge.
- (n.) Subjection to rule; submissiveness to order and control; habit of obedience.
- (n.) The enforcement of methods of correction against one guilty of ecclesiastical offenses; reformatory or penal action toward a church member.
- (n.) The treatment suited to a disciple or learner; education; development of the faculties by instruction and exercise; training, whether physical, mental, or moral.
- (n.) Training to act in accordance with established rules; accustoming to systematic and regular action; drill.
- (v. t.) To inflict ecclesiastical censures and penalties upon.