Discredit Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DiscreditDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To refuse credence to; not to accept as true; to disbelieve; as, the report is discredited.
- (n.) Hence, some degree of dishonor or disesteem; ill repute; reproach; -- applied to persons or things.
- (v. t.) To deprive of credibility; to destroy confidence or trust in; to cause disbelief in the accuracy or authority of.
- (v. t.) To deprive of credit or good repute; to bring reproach upon; to make less reputable; to disgrace.
- (n.) The act of discrediting or disbelieving, or the state of being discredited or disbelieved; as, later accounts have brought the story into discredit.
• DiscreditableDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Not creditable; injurious to reputation; disgraceful; disreputable.