Dissolving Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DissolvingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Melting; breaking up; vanishing.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Dissolve
• DissolveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To annul; to rescind; to discharge or release; as, to dissolve an injunction.
- (v. i.) To become fluid; to be melted; to be liquefied.
- (v. i.) To fade away; to fall to nothing; to lose power.
- (v. t.) To convert into a liquid by means of heat, moisture, etc.,; to melt; to liquefy; to soften.
- (v. t.) To break the continuity of; to disconnect; to disunite; to sunder; to loosen; to undo; to separate.
- (v. t.) To solve; to clear up; to resolve.
- (v. t.) To separate into competent parts; to disorganize; to break up; hence, to bring to an end by separating the parts, sundering a relation, etc.; to terminate; to destroy; to deprive of force; as, to dissolve a partnership; to dissolve Parliament.
- (v. i.) To waste away; to be dissipated; to be decomposed or broken up.
- (v. t.) To relax by pleasure; to make powerless.