Dodge Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DodgeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To follow by dodging, or suddenly shifting from place to place.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To evade by craft; as, to dodge a question; to dodge responsibility.
- (v. i.) To evade a duty by low craft; to practice mean shifts; to use tricky devices; to play fast and loose; to quibble.
- (v. i.) To start suddenly aside, as to avoid a blow or a missile; to shift place by a sudden start.
- (v. t.) To evade by a sudden shift of place; to escape by starting aside; as, to dodge a blow aimed or a ball thrown.
- (n.) The act of evading by some skillful movement; a sudden starting aside; hence, an artful device to evade, deceive, or cheat; a cunning trick; an artifice.
• DodgerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A small handbill.
- (n.) One who dodges or evades; one who plays fast and loose, or uses tricky devices.
- (n.) See Corndodger.
• DodgedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Dodge