Dominion Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DominionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That which is governed; territory over which authority is exercised; the tract, district, or county, considered as subject; as, the dominions of a king. Also used figuratively; as, the dominion of the passions.
- (n.) A supposed high order of angels; dominations. See Domination, 3.
- (n.) Sovereign or supreme authority; the power of governing and controlling; independent right of possession, use, and control; sovereignty; supremacy.
- (n.) Superior prominence; predominance; ascendency.
• Dominion DayDefinition & Meaning in English
- () In Canada, a legal holiday, July lst, being the anniversary of the proclamation of the formation of the Dominion in 1867.