Drink Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DrinkDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To swallow (a liquid); to receive, as a fluid, into the stomach; to imbibe; as, to drink milk or water.
- (v. t.) To take in (a liquid), in any manner; to suck up; to absorb; to imbibe.
- (n.) Specifically, intoxicating liquor; as, when drink is on, wit is out.
- (v. i.) To swallow anything liquid, for quenching thirst or other purpose; to imbibe; to receive or partake of, as if in satisfaction of thirst; as, to drink from a spring.
- (n.) Liquid to be swallowed; any fluid to be taken into the stomach for quenching thirst or for other purposes, as water, coffee, or decoctions.
- (v. t.) To take in; to receive within one, through the senses; to inhale; to hear; to see.
- (v. i.) To quaff exhilarating or intoxicating liquors, in merriment or feasting; to carouse; to revel; hence, to lake alcoholic liquors to excess; to be intemperate in the /se of intoxicating or spirituous liquors; to tipple.
- (v. t.) To smoke, as tobacco.
• DrinkerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who drinks; as, the effects of tea on the drinker; also, one who drinks spirituous liquors to excess; a drunkard.