Drove Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DroveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A road for driving cattle; a driftway.
- (imp.) of Drive
- (n.) A narrow drain or channel used in the irrigation of land.
- (n.) The grooved surface of stone finished by the drove chisel; -- called also drove work.
- (n.) A crowd of people in motion.
- (n.) A broad chisel used to bring stone to a nearly smooth surface; -- called also drove chisel.
- (n.) A collection of cattle driven, or cattle collected for driving; a number of animals, as oxen, sheep, or swine, driven in a body.
- (imp.) of Drive.
- (n.) Any collection of irrational animals, moving or driving forward; as, a finny drove.
- (n.) To drive, as cattle or sheep, esp. on long journeys; to follow the occupation of a drover.
- (n.) To finish, as stone, with a drove or drove chisel.
• DrovenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. p.) of Drive.