Eaves Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EavesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. pl.) Brow; ridge.
- (n. pl.) The edges or lower borders of the roof of a building, which overhang the walls, and cast off the water that falls on the roof.
- (n. pl.) Eyelids or eyelashes.
• EavesdropDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The water which falls in drops from the eaves of a house.
- (v. i.) To stand under the eaves, near a window or at the door, of a house, to listen and learn what is said within doors; hence, to listen secretly to what is said in private.
• EavesdroppingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The habit of lurking about dwelling houses, and other places where persons meet fro private intercourse, secretly listening to what is said, and then tattling it abroad. The offense is indictable at common law.
• EavesdropperDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who stands under the eaves, or near the window or door of a house, to listen; hence, a secret listener.