Encountering Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EncounteringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Encounter
• EncounterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) A meeting, with hostile purpose; hence, a combat; a battle; as, a bloody encounter.
- (adv.) To come against face to face; to meet; to confront, either by chance, suddenly, or deliberately; especially, to meet in opposition or with hostile intent; to engage in conflict with; to oppose; to struggle with; as, to encounter a friend in traveling; two armies encounter each other; to encounter obstacles or difficulties, to encounter strong evidence of a truth.
- (v. i.) To meet face to face; to have a meeting; to meet, esp. as enemies; to engage in combat; to fight; as, three armies encountered at Waterloo.
- (v. t.) A meeting face to face; a running against; a sudden or incidental meeting; an interview.