Ended Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EndedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of End
• EndDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The extreme or last point or part of any material thing considered lengthwise (the extremity of breadth being side); hence, extremity, in general; the concluding part; termination; close; limit; as, the end of a field, line, pole, road; the end of a year, of a discourse; put an end to pain; -- opposed to beginning, when used of anything having a first part.
- (n.) Point beyond which no procession can be made; conclusion; issue; result, whether successful or otherwise; conclusive event; consequence.
- (n.) The object aimed at in any effort considered as the close and effect of exertion; ppurpose; intention; aim; as, to labor for private or public ends.
- (n.) That which is left; a remnant; a fragment; a scrap; as, odds and ends.
- (v. t.) To destroy; to put to death.
- (n.) One of the yarns of the worsted warp in a Brussels carpet.
- (n.) Termination of being; death; destruction; extermination; also, cause of death or destruction.
- (v. t.) To bring to an end or conclusion; to finish; to close; to terminate; as, to end a speech.
- (v. t.) To form or be at the end of; as, the letter k ends the word back.
- (v. i.) To come to the ultimate point; to be finished; to come to a close; to cease; to terminate; as, a voyage ends; life ends; winter ends.