Endure Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EndureDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To harden; to toughen; to make hardy.
- (v. t.) To bear with patience; to suffer without opposition or without sinking under the pressure or affliction; to bear up under; to put up with; to tolerate.
- (v. t.) To remain firm under; to sustain; to undergo; to support without breaking or yielding; as, metals endure a certain degree of heat without melting; to endure wind and weather.
- (v. i.) To remain firm, as under trial or suffering; to suffer patiently or without yielding; to bear up under adversity; to hold out.
- (v. i.) To continue in the same state without perishing; to last; to remain.
• EndurerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who, or that which, endures or lasts; one who bears, suffers, or sustains.