Engrave Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EngraveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To impress deeply; to infix, as if with a graver.
- (v. t.) To cut with a graving instrument in order to form an inscription or pictorial representation; to carve figures; to mark with incisions.
- (v. t.) To form or represent by means of incisions upon wood, stone, metal, or the like; as, to engrave an inscription.
- (v. t.) To cut in; to make by incision.
- (v. t.) To deposit in the grave; to bury.
• EngravenDefinition & Meaning in English
- () of Engrave
• EngraverDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who engraves; a person whose business it is to produce engraved work, especially on metal or wood.