Enlarging Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EnlargingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Enlarge
• EnlargeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To make larger; to increase in quantity or dimensions; to extend in limits; to magnify; as, the body is enlarged by nutrition; to enlarge ones house.
- (v. t.) To increase the capacity of; to expand; to give free scope or greater scope to; also, to dilate, as with joy, affection, and the like; as, knowledge enlarges the mind.
- (v. t.) To set at large or set free.
- (v. i.) To grow large or larger; to be further extended; to expand; as, a plant enlarges by growth; an estate enlarges by good management; a volume of air enlarges by rarefaction.
- (v. i.) To speak or write at length; to be diffuse in speaking or writing; to expatiate; to dilate.
- (v. i.) To get more astern or parallel with the vessels course; to draw aft; -- said of the wind.