Entertained Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EntertainedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Entertain
• EntertainDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To be at the charges of; to take or keep in ones service; to maintain; to support; to harbor; to keep.
- (v. t.) To meet or encounter, as an enemy.
- (v. t.) To lead on; to bring along; to introduce.
- (v. t.) To give hospitable reception and maintenance to; to receive at ones board, or into ones house; to receive as a guest.
- (v. t.) To keep, hold, or maintain in the mind with favor; to keep in the mind; to harbor; to cherish; as, to entertain sentiments.
- (n.) Entertainment.
- (v. t.) To give reception to; to receive, in general; to receive and take into consideration; to admit, treat, or make use of; as, to entertain a proposal.
- (v. t.) To engage the attention of agreeably; to amuse with that which makes the time pass pleasantly; to divert; as, to entertain friends with conversation, etc.
- (v. i.) To receive, or provide entertainment for, guests; as, he entertains generously.