Entrance Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EntranceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The angle which the bow of a vessel makes with the water at the water line.
- (n.) The bow, or entire wedgelike forepart of a vessel, below the water line.
- (n.) The act of entering or going into; ingress; as, the entrance of a person into a house or an apartment; hence, the act of taking possession, as of property, or of office; as, the entrance of an heir upon his inheritance, or of a magistrate into office.
- (n.) Liberty, power, or permission to enter; as, to give entrance to friends.
- (n.) The passage, door, or gate, for entering.
- (v. t.) To put into a trance; to make insensible to present objects.
- (v. t.) To put into an ecstasy; to ravish with delight or wonder; to enrapture; to charm.
- (n.) The entering upon; the beginning, or that with which the beginning is made; the commencement; initiation; as, a difficult entrance into business.
- (n.) The causing to be entered upon a register, as a ship or goods, at a customhouse; an entering; as, his entrance of the arrival was made the same day.
• EntrancedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Entrance