Envying Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EnvyingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Envy
• EnvyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To feel envy at or towards; to be envious of; to have a feeling of uneasiness or mortification in regard to (any one), arising from the sight of anothers excellence or good fortune and a longing to possess it.
- (n.) An object of envious notice or feeling.
- (v. i.) To show malice or ill will; to rail.
- (v. t.) To emulate.
- (n.) Public odium; ill repute.
- (v. i.) To be filled with envious feelings; to regard anything with grudging and longing eyes; -- used especially with at.
- (n.) Chagrin, mortification, discontent, or uneasiness at the sight of anothers excellence or good fortune, accompanied with some degree of hatred and a desire to possess equal advantages; malicious grudging; -- usually followed by of; as, they did this in envy of Caesar.
- (n.) Emulation; rivalry.
- (v. t.) To hate.
- (v. t.) To feel envy on account of; to have a feeling of grief or repining, with a longing to possess (some excellence or good fortune of another, or an equal good fortune, etc.); to look with grudging upon; to begrudge.
- (v. t.) To long after; to desire strongly; to covet.
- (n.) Malice; ill will; spite.
- (v. t.) To do harm to; to injure; to disparage.