Equaled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EqualedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Equal
• EqualDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Not variable; equable; uniform; even; as, an equal movement.
- (v. t.) To make equal or equal to; to equalize; hence, to compare or regard as equals; to put on equality.
- (a.) Evenly balanced; not unduly inclining to either side; characterized by fairness; unbiased; impartial; equitable; just.
- (a.) Bearing a suitable relation; of just proportion; having competent power, abilities, or means; adequate; as, he is not equal to the task.
- (n.) One not inferior or superior to another; one having the same or a similar age, rank, station, office, talents, strength, or other quality or condition; an equal quantity or number; as, "If equals be taken from equals the remainders are equal."
- (a.) Intended for voices of one kind only, either all male or all female; -- opposed to mixed.
- (v. t.) To make equal return to; to recompense fully.
- (a.) Exactly agreeing with respect to quantity.
- (a.) Agreeing in quantity, size, quality, degree, value, etc.; having the same magnitude, the same value, the same degree, etc.; -- applied to number, degree, quantity, and intensity, and to any subject which admits of them; neither inferior nor superior, greater nor less, better nor worse; corresponding; alike; as, equal quantities of land, water, etc. ; houses of equal size; persons of equal stature or talents; commodities of equal value.
- (a.) Of the same interest or concern; indifferent.
- (n.) State of being equal; equality.
- (v. t.) To be or become equal to; to have the same quantity, the same value, the same degree or rank, or the like, with; to be commen/urate with.