Equator Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EquatorDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The great circle of the celestial sphere, coincident with the plane of the earths equator; -- so called because when the sun is in it, the days and nights are of equal length; hence called also the equinoctial, and on maps, globes, etc., the equinoctial line.
- (n.) The imaginary great circle on the earths surface, everywhere equally distant from the two poles, and dividing the earths surface into two hemispheres.
• EquatoriallyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) So as to have motion or direction parallel to the equator.