Ermined Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ErminedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Clothed or adorned with the fur of the ermine.
• ErminDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An Armenian.
• ErmineDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The fur of the ermine, as prepared for ornamenting garments of royalty, etc., by having the tips of the tails, which are black, arranged at regular intervals throughout the white.
- (n.) A valuable fur-bearing animal of the genus Mustela (M. erminea), allied to the weasel; the stoat. It is found in the northern parts of Asia, Europe, and America. In summer it is brown, but in winter it becomes white, except the tip of the tail, which is always black.
- (n.) One of the furs. See Fur (Her.)
- (v. t.) To clothe with, or as with, ermine.
- (n.) By metonymy, the office or functions of a judge, whose state robe, lined with ermine, is emblematical of purity and honor without stain.