Exploding Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ExplodingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Explode
• ExplodeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To bring into disrepute, and reject; to drive from notice and acceptance; as, to explode a scheme, fashion, or doctrine.
- (v. t.) To drive out with violence and noise, as by powder.
- (v. t.) To cause to explode or burst noisily; to detonate; as, to explode powder by touching it with fire.
- (v. i.) To burst with force and a loud report; to detonate, as a shell filled with powder or the like material, or as a boiler from too great pressure of steam.
- (v. t.) To drive from the stage by noisy expressions of disapprobation; to hoot off; to drive away or reject noisily; as, to explode a play.
- (v. i.) To burst forth with sudden violence and noise; as, at this, his wrath exploded.
- (v. i.) To become suddenly expanded into a great volume of gas or vapor; to burst violently into flame; as gunpowder explodes.