Ferreted Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FerretedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Ferret
• FerretDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The iron used for trying the melted glass to see if is fit to work, and for shaping the rings at the mouths of bottles.
- (n.) An animal of the Weasel family (Mustela / Putorius furo), about fourteen inches in length, of a pale yellow or white color, with red eyes. It is a native of Africa, but has been domesticated in Europe. Ferrets are used to drive rabbits and rats out of their holes.
- (n.) A kind of narrow tape, usually made of woolen; sometimes of cotton or silk; -- called also ferreting.
- (n.) To drive or hunt out of a lurking place, as a ferret does the cony; to search out by patient and sagacious efforts; -- often used with out; as, to ferret out a secret.