Fettling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FettlingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The operation of shaving or smoothing the surface of undried clay ware.
- (n.) A mixture of ore, cinders, etc., used to line the hearth of a puddling furnace.
• FettleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To make preparations; to put things in order; to do trifling business.
- (n.) The act of fettling.
- (a.) To cover or line with a mixture of ore, cinders, etc., as the hearth of a puddling furnace.
- (a.) To repair; to prepare; to put in order.