Finis Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FinisDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An end; conclusion. It is often placed at the end of a book.
• FinishDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Finishing coat, under Finishing.
- (v. i.) To end; to die.
- (v. t.) To bestow the last required labor upon; to complete; to bestow the utmost possible labor upon; to perfect; to accomplish; to polish.
- (n.) The joiner work and other finer work required for the completion of a building, especially of the interior. See Inside finish, and Outside finish.
- (v. t.) To arrive at the end of; to bring to an end; to put an end to; to make an end of; to terminate.
- (n.) The labor required to give final completion to any work; hence, minute detail, careful elaboration, or the like.
- (v. i.) To come to an end; to terminate.
- (n.) The result of completed labor, as on the surface of an object; manner or style of finishing; as, a rough, dead, or glossy finish given to cloth, stone, metal, etc.
- (n.) That which finishes, puts an end to/ or perfects.
- (n.) Completion; -- opposed to start, or beginning.
• FinisherDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who finishes, puts an end to, completes, or perfects; esp. used in the trades, as in hatting, weaving, etc., for the workman who gives a finishing touch to the work, or any part of it, and brings it to perfection.
- (n.) Something that gives the finishing touch to, or settles, anything.