Fished Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FishedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Fish
• FishDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To seek to obtain by artifice, or indirectly to seek to draw forth; as, to fish for compliments.
- (n.) The twelfth sign of the zodiac; Pisces.
- (v. t.) To catch; to draw out or up; as, to fish up an anchor.
- (n.) A piece of timber, somewhat in the form of a fish, used to strengthen a mast or yard.
- (n.) An oviparous, vertebrate animal usually having fins and a covering scales or plates. It breathes by means of gills, and lives almost entirely in the water. See Pisces.
- (n.) A name loosely applied in popular usage to many animals of diverse characteristics, living in the water.
- (v. t.) To try with a fishing rod; to catch fish in; as, to fish a stream.
- (pl. ) of Fish
- (n.) A purchase used to fish the anchor.
- (v. t.) To search by raking or sweeping.
- (n.) The flesh of fish, used as food.
- (v. i.) To attempt to catch fish; to be employed in taking fish, by any means, as by angling or drawing a net.
- (v. t.) To strengthen (a beam, mast, etc.), or unite end to end (two timbers, railroad rails, etc.) by bolting a plank, timber, or plate to the beam, mast, or timbers, lengthwise on one or both sides. See Fish joint, under Fish, n.
- (n.) A counter, used in various games.