Flaring Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FlaringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) That flares; flaming or blazing unsteadily; shining out with a dazzling light.
- (a.) Opening or speading outwards.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Flare
• FlareDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A spreading outward; as, the flare of a fireplace.
- (v. i.) To shine out with a sudden and unsteady light; to emit a dazzling or painfully bright light.
- (n.) An unsteady, broad, offensive light.
- (v. i.) To burn with an unsteady or waving flame; as, the candle flares.
- (n.) Leaf of lard.
- (v. i.) To open or spread outwards; to project beyond the perpendicular; as, the sides of a bowl flare; the bows of a ship flare.
- (v. i.) To be exposed to too much light.
- (v. i.) To shine out with gaudy colors; to flaunt; to be offensively bright or showy.
- (n.) A defect in a photographic objective such that an image of the stop, or diaphragm, appears as a fogged spot in the center of the developed negative.
• FlaringlyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a flaring manner.