Flowering Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FloweringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Flower
- (a.) Having conspicuous flowers; -- used as an epithet with many names of plants; as, flowering ash; flowering dogwood; flowering almond, etc.
- (n.) The act of adorning with flowers.
- (n.) The act of blossoming, or the season when plants blossom; florification.
• FlowerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To come into the finest or fairest condition.
- (v. i.) To come off as flowers by sublimation.
- (v. i.) To blossom; to bloom; to expand the petals, as a plant; to produce flowers; as, this plant flowers in June.
- (n.) A substance in the form of a powder, especially when condensed from sublimation; as, the flowers of sulphur.
- (n.) Ornamental type used chiefly for borders around pages, cards, etc.
- (n.) That part of a plant destined to produce seed, and hence including one or both of the sexual organs; an organ or combination of the organs of reproduction, whether inclosed by a circle of foliar parts or not. A complete flower consists of two essential parts, the stamens and the pistil, and two floral envelopes, the corolla and callyx. In mosses the flowers consist of a few special leaves surrounding or subtending organs called archegonia. See Blossom, and Corolla.
- (v. i.) To froth; to ferment gently, as new beer.
- (n.) In the popular sense, the bloom or blossom of a plant; the showy portion, usually of a different color, shape, and texture from the foliage.
- (v. t.) To embellish with flowers; to adorn with imitated flowers; as, flowered silk.
- (n.) A figure of speech; an ornament of style.
- (n.) Menstrual discharges.
- (n.) The fairest, freshest, and choicest part of anything; as, the flower of an army, or of a family; the state or time of freshness and bloom; as, the flower of life, that is, youth.
- (n.) Grain pulverized; meal; flour.