Foliate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FoliateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To spread over with a thin coat of tin and quicksilver; as, to foliate a looking-glass.
- (a.) Furnished with leaves; leafy; as, a foliate stalk.
- (v. t.) To beat into a leaf, or thin plate.
• FoliatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Foliate
- (a.) Containing, or consisting of, foils; as, a foliated arch.
- (a.) Laminated, but restricted to the variety of laminated structure found in crystalline schist, as mica schist, etc.; schistose.
- (a.) Characterized by being separable into thin plates or folia; as, graphite has a foliated structure.
- (a.) Spread over with an amalgam of tin and quicksilver.
- (a.) Having leaves, or leaflike projections; as, a foliated shell.