Fooled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FooledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Fool
• FoolDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To play the fool; to trifle; to toy; to spend time in idle sport or mirth.
- (v. t.) To use as a fool; to deceive in a shameful or mortifying manner; to impose upon; to cheat by inspiring foolish confidence; as, to fool one out of his money.
- (n.) A compound of gooseberries scalded and crushed, with cream; -- commonly called gooseberry fool.
- (n.) A person deficient in intellect; one who acts absurdly, or pursues a course contrary to the dictates of wisdom; one without judgment; a simpleton; a dolt.
- (n.) One who acts contrary to moral and religious wisdom; a wicked person.
- (n.) One destitute of reason, or of the common powers of understanding; an idiot; a natural.
- (n.) One who counterfeits folly; a professional jester or buffoon; a retainer formerly kept to make sport, dressed fantastically in motley, with ridiculous accouterments.
- (v. t.) To infatuate; to make foolish.