Fostered Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FosteredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Foster
• FosterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A forester.
- (v. i.) To be nourished or trained up together.
- (v. t.) To feed; to nourish; to support; to bring up.
- (v. t.) Relating to nourishment; affording, receiving, or sharing nourishment or nurture; -- applied to father, mother, child, brother, etc., to indicate that the person so called stands in the relation of parent, child, brother, etc., as regards sustenance and nurture, but not by tie of blood.
- (n.) One who, or that which, fosters.
- (v. t.) To cherish; to promote the growth of; to encourage; to sustain and promote; as, to foster genius.