Frilling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FrillingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Frill
• FrillDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To shake or shiver as with cold; as, the hawk frills.
- (v. i.) A border or edging secured at one edge and left free at the other, usually fluted or crimped like a very narrow flounce.
- (v. i.) A ruffled varex or fold on certain shells.
- (v. i.) A ruffle, consisting of a fold of membrane, of hairs, or of feathers, around the neck of an animal.
- (v. i.) A ruffing of a birds feathers from cold.
- (v. i.) To wrinkle; -- said of the gelatin film.
- (v. i.) A similar ruffle around the legs or other appendages of animals.
- (v. t.) To provide or decorate with a frill or frills; to turn back. in crimped plaits; as, to frill a cap.