Fruit Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FruitDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) The pulpy, edible seed vessels of certain plants, especially those grown on branches above ground, as apples, oranges, grapes, melons, berries, etc. See 3.
- (v. t.) The produce of animals; offspring; young; as, the fruit of the womb, of the loins, of the body.
- (v. t.) The spore cases or conceptacles of flowerless plants, as of ferns, mosses, algae, etc., with the spores contained in them.
- (v. t.) The ripened ovary of a flowering plant, with its contents and whatever parts are consolidated with it.
- (v. i.) To bear fruit.
- (v. t.) That which is produced; the effect or consequence of any action; advantageous or desirable product or result; disadvantageous or evil consequence or effect; as, the fruits of labor, of self-denial, of intemperance.
- (v. t.) Whatever is produced for the nourishment or enjoyment of man or animals by the processes of vegetable growth, as corn, grass, cotton, flax, etc.; -- commonly used in the plural.
• FruitionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Use or possession of anything, especially such as is accompanied with pleasure or satisfaction; pleasure derived from possession or use.