Frying Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FryingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The process denoted by the verb fry.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fry
• FryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To undergo the process of frying; to be subject to the action of heat in a frying pan, or on a griddle, or in a kettle of hot fat.
- (v. i.) To simmer; to boil.
- (v. t.) To cook in a pan or on a griddle (esp. with the use of fat, butter, or olive oil) by heating over a fire; to cook in boiling lard or fat; as, to fry fish; to fry doughnuts.
- (v. i.) To be agitated; to be greatly moved.
- (n.) A swarm or crowd, especially of little fishes; young or small things in general.
- (v. i.) To undergo or cause a disturbing action accompanied with a sensation of heat.
- (n.) The young of any fish.