Fusee Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FuseeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A kind of match for lighting a pipe or cigar.
- (n.) A small packet of explosive material with wire appendages allowing it to be conveniently attached to a railroad track. It will explode with a loud report when run over by a train, and is used to provide a warning signal to the engineer.
- (n.) A similar wheel used in other machinery.
- (n.) A flintlock gun. See 2d Fusil.
- (n.) The track of a buck.
- (n.) A fuse. See Fuse, n.
- (n.) The cone or conical wheel of a watch or clock, designed to equalize the power of the mainspring by having the chain from the barrel which contains the spring wind in a spiral groove on the surface of the cone in such a manner that the diameter of the cone at the point where the chain acts may correspond with the degree of tension of the spring.
- (n.) A kind of match made of paper impregnated with niter and having the usual igniting tip.
- (n.) A signal used principally for the protection of trains, consisting of a tube filled with a composition which burns with a bright colored light for a definite time.
- (n.) A friction match for smokers use having a bulbous head which when ignited is not easily blown out even in a gale of wind.