Gained Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GainedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Gain
• GainDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A square or beveled notch cut out of a girder, binding joist, or other timber which supports a floor beam, so as to receive the end of the floor beam.
- (n.) To reach; to attain to; to arrive at; as, to gain the top of a mountain; to gain a good harbor.
- (n.) To get, incur, or receive, as loss, harm, or damage.
- (v. t.) The obtaining or amassing of profit or valuable possessions; acquisition; accumulation.
- (n.) To get, as profit or advantage; to obtain or acquire by effort or labor; as, to gain a good living.
- (v. i.) To have or receive advantage or profit; to acquire gain; to grow rich; to advance in interest, health, or happiness; to make progress; as, the sick man gains daily.
- (n.) To draw into any interest or party; to win to ones side; to conciliate.
- (a.) Convenient; suitable; direct; near; handy; dexterous; easy; profitable; cheap; respectable.
- (v. t.) That which is gained, obtained, or acquired, as increase, profit, advantage, or benefit; -- opposed to loss.
- (n.) To come off winner or victor in; to be successful in; to obtain by competition; as, to gain a battle; to gain a case at law; to gain a prize.