Gammoned Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GammonedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Gammon
• GammonDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To beat in the game of backgammon, before an antagonist has been able to get his "men" or counters home and withdraw any of them from the board; as, to gammon a person.
- (v. t.) To impose on; to hoax; to cajole.
- (n.) Backgammon.
- (v. t.) To make bacon of; to salt and dry in smoke.
- (v. t.) To fasten (a bowsprit) to the stem of a vessel by lashings of rope or chain, or by a band of iron.
- (n.) The buttock or thigh of a hog, salted and smoked or dried; the lower end of a flitch.
- (n.) An imposition or hoax; humbug.