Gaping Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GapingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Gape
• GapDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To notch, as a sword or knife.
- (n.) An opening in anything made by breaking or parting; as, a gap in a fence; an opening for a passage or entrance; an opening which implies a breach or defect; a vacant space or time; a hiatus; a mountain pass.
- (v. t.) To make an opening in; to breach.
- (n.) The vertical distance between two superposed surfaces, esp. in a biplane.
• GapeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To open the mouth wide
- (v. i.) To long, wait eagerly, or cry aloud for something; -- with for, after, or at.
- (v. i.) Expressing a desire for food; as, young birds gape.
- (v. i.) To pen or part widely; to exhibit a gap, fissure, or hiatus.
- (n.) The act of gaping; a yawn.
- (v. i.) Indicating sleepiness or indifference; to yawn.
- (n.) The width of the mouth when opened, as of birds, fishes, etc.
• GapingstockDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who is an object of open-mouthed wonder.