Gin Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GinDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A strong alcoholic liquor, distilled from rye and barley, and flavored with juniper berries; -- also called Hollands and Holland gin, because originally, and still very extensively, manufactured in Holland. Common gin is usually flavored with turpentine.
- (v. t.) To clear of seeds by a machine; as, to gin cotton.
- (conj.) If.
- (v. i.) To begin; -- often followed by an infinitive without to; as, gan tell. See Gan.
- (n.) A machine for separating the seeds from cotton; a cotton gin.
- (n.) A hoisting drum, usually vertical; a whim.
- (n.) Against; near by; towards; as, gin night.
- (n.) Contrivance; artifice; a trap; a snare.
- (v. t.) To catch in a trap.
- (n.) A machine for raising or moving heavy weights, consisting of a tripod formed of poles united at the top, with a windlass, pulleys, ropes, etc.
• GinglyformDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Ginglymoid.