Girdling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GirdlingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Girdle
• GirdleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The line ofgreatest circumference of a brilliant-cut diamond, at which it is grasped by the setting. See Illust. of Brilliant.
- (n.) The zodiac; also, the equator.
- (v. t.) To inclose; to environ; to shut in.
- (n.) A griddle.
- (n.) A thin bed or stratum of stone.
- (n.) The clitellus of an earthworm.
- (v. t.) To make a cut or gnaw a groove around (a tree, etc.) through the bark and alburnum, thus killing it.
- (n.) That which girds, encircles, or incloses; a circumference; a belt; esp., a belt, sash, or article of dress encircling the body usually at the waist; a cestus.
- (v. t.) To bind with a belt or sash; to gird.