Girting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GirtingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Girt
• GirtDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Same as Girth.
- (a.) Bound by a cable; -- used of a vessel so moored by two anchors that she swings against one of the cables by force of the current or tide.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Gird
- (v.) To gird; to encircle; to invest by means of a girdle; to measure the girth of; as, to girt a tree.
- () imp. & p. p. of Gird.