Glassed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GlassedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Glass
• GlassDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cover or furnish with glass; to glaze.
- (v. t.) Anything made of glass.
- (v. t.) To reflect, as in a mirror; to mirror; -- used reflexively.
- (v. t.) An optical glass; a lens; a spyglass; -- in the plural, spectacles; as, a pair of glasses; he wears glasses.
- (v. t.) A looking-glass; a mirror.
- (v. t.) A hard, brittle, translucent, and commonly transparent substance, white or colored, having a conchoidal fracture, and made by fusing together sand or silica with lime, potash, soda, or lead oxide. It is used for window panes and mirrors, for articles of table and culinary use, for lenses, and various articles of ornament.
- (v. t.) A drinking vessel; a tumbler; a goblet; hence, the contents of such a vessel; especially; spirituous liquors; as, he took a glass at dinner.
- (v. t.) A weatherglass; a barometer.
- (v. t.) To smooth or polish anything, as leater, by rubbing it with a glass burnisher.
- (v. t.) Any substance having a peculiar glassy appearance, and a conchoidal fracture, and usually produced by fusion.
- (v. t.) A vessel filled with running sand for measuring time; an hourglass; and hence, the time in which such a vessel is exhausted of its sand.
- (v. t.) To case in glass.