Gouge Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GougeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of scooping out with a gouge, or as with a gouge; a groove or cavity scooped out, as with a gouge.
- (n.) An incising tool which cuts forms or blanks for gloves, envelopes, etc. from leather, paper, etc.
- (n.) A chisel, with a hollow or semicylindrical blade, for scooping or cutting holes, channels, or grooves, in wood, stone, etc.; a similar instrument, with curved edge, for turning wood.
- (n.) A bookbinders tool for blind tooling or gilding, having a face which forms a curve.
- (n.) Imposition; cheat; fraud; also, an impostor; a cheat; a trickish person.
- (n.) Soft material lying between the wall of a vein aud the solid vein.
• GougerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Plum Gouger.