Grafting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GraftingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The transplanting of a portion of flesh or skin to a denuded surface; autoplasty.
- (n.) A scarfing or endwise attachment of one timber to another.
- (n.) The act or method of weaving a cover for a ring, rope end, etc.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Graft
• GraftDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To cover, as a ring bolt, block strap, splicing, etc., with a weaving of small cord or rope-yarns.
- (n.) To implant a portion of (living flesh or akin) in a lesion so as to form an organic union.
- (n.) To insert (a graft) in a branch or stem of another tree; to propagate by insertion in another stock; also, to insert a graft upon.
- (n.) A small shoot or scion of a tree inserted in another tree, the stock of which is to support and nourish it. The two unite and become one tree, but the graft determines the kind of fruit.
- (n.) A portion of living tissue used in the operation of autoplasty.
- (n.) A branch or portion of a tree growing from such a shoot.
- (v. i.) To insert scions from one tree, or kind of tree, etc., into another; to practice grafting.
- (n.) To join (one thing) to another as if by grafting, so as to bring about a close union.
- (n.) A "soft thing" or "easy thing;" a "snap."
- (n.) Acquisition of money, position, etc., by dishonest or unjust means, as by actual theft or by taking advantage of a public office or any position of trust or employment to obtain fees, perquisites, profits on contracts, legislation, pay for work not done or service not performed, etc.; illegal or unfair practice for profit or personal advantage; also, anything thus gained.